Saturday, April 25, 2015

Blog Number Five

In the book of The Diary of a Part-Time Indian, we meet Arnold, he is stuck between two worlds. He wants to find hope, but in order to do that, he transfers schools. From Wellpinit (reservation school) to  Reardan ("white school"). He leaves the rez and his only best friend, Rowdy. Arnold tries to get him to come with him, but Rowdy refuses and punches Arnold. Through everything, Rowdy was the one protecting Arnold from fights, and Arnold lost him. He gets to his new school and is lonely, gets picked on for being Indian, and he has a crush on a girl who is out of his league. His family is very poor, so no they use all the money they can to make Arnold look middle class. Then he tries out for the basketball team, its a good things, but he has to play against his old school, and his old best friend. Lastly, Arnold thinks that once he moved schools, not houses, that he has put a curse on his family and friends, because through one week, he lost any important people.

The way I see this book, is that it will be my favorite book. Im not the type of person to really read so much, but I found this book really interesting that I read through it fast. If I wasn't so busy, I probably would have finished the book quicker. When I read the part about his parents trying to make Arnold look middle class, I thought it was so amazing because his father is a drunk, and the thought of him not buying liquor, and using that money for Arnold was so thoughtful. Even though he still and to walk to school and home or even hitch a ride, its not like anyone knew. It seemed very depressing, can you imagine walking more then a mile just to get to a school where people didn't accept you? And if you lost more then two people in one week, do you think you would have had the energy to continue doing that? My favorite part of the book, is the ending, because it shows that not every book will have the happiest ending, it was accurate. I do recommend anyone to read this book, I know it might sound cheesy, but it was a 10/10 kind of book.

No comments:

Post a Comment